Confirmation at St Anthony's
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a two year course will be presented through Dynamic Catholic’s DECISION POINT. This is a two-year program with students enrolling in 7th grade and receiving the sacrament in 8th grade. To enroll, students need to have already received the Sacrament of Baptism and First Holy Communion, (Certificate of Baptism required) and be members of a Registered family in our Parish.
We hope this program will not only prepare young Catholics for the Sacrament of Confirmation in a dynamic way, but also teach and inspire them to respond and cooperate with God’s grace in all the circumstance of their daily lives, long after their Confirmation has passed. With topics like how to become a good decision maker, relationships, prayer, the Eucharist, and finding your mission, we hope DECISION POINT is a transformational experience for the whole family.
Requirements for Confirmation
- Families of candidates must be registered members of St. Anthony of Padua Parish. A copy of both the candidates Baptismal and Communion certificates must be on file.
- Children must be registered for sacramental preparation sessions at St. Anthony of Padua, including those in Catholic parochial school or the parish Faith Formation program.
- Candidates must attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation. Bulletins signed by the priest of the Mass are to be submitted at each class.
- Attend monthly sacramental prep classes. 80% attendance is required.
- Complete 15 hours of service annually. These hours should be logged in the service hour form and submitted at each class.
- Mandatory overnight retreat for all students being confirmed (second year). Students unable to attend the retreat will need to find an alternative retreat.
- One page essay on the saint you have chosen as your confirmation name (second year). This essay must be submitted at least 30 days prior to Confirmation date.
- Sponsor form. Submitted 30 days prior to retreat (second year).
- Attend confession prior to receiving confirmation. One should receive the sacrament of Penance in order to be cleansed for the gift of the Holy Spirit (CCC 1310)
2022-2023 Schedule: All Classes are in the School Building from 10:45 until noon
Sunday, 9/11 at 10:45 AM Class for all families who don't attend Catholic School
Sunday, 10/9 at 11:15 AM Make up class for 9/11
Sunday, 11/13 at 10:45 AM First Sacrament Class
Sunday, 12/11 at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, 1/22 at 10:45 AM Class
Saturday, 1/28/22 Retreat 9AM-3PM at St. Leo Abbey
Sunday, 2/12 at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, 3/26 at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, 4/23 at 10:45 AM Class
Tuesday, 5/2 at 6:45 PM Confirmation Practice at the Abbey Church
Wednesday, 5/3 at 7 PM Confirmation Mass at the Abbey Church