Confirmation at St Anthony's
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a two year course will be presented through Dynamic Catholic’s DECISION POINT. This is a two-year program with students enrolling as early as 7th grade and receiving the sacrament after the second year of preparation. To enroll, students need to have already received the Sacrament of Baptism and First Holy Communion, (Certificate of Baptism required) and be members of a Registered family in our Parish.
We hope this program will not only prepare young Catholics for the Sacrament of Confirmation in a dynamic way, but also teach and inspire them to respond and cooperate with God’s grace in all the circumstance of their daily lives, long after their Confirmation has passed. With topics like how to become a good decision maker, relationships, prayer, the Eucharist, and finding your mission, we hope DECISION POINT is a transformational experience for the whole family.
Requirements for Confirmation
- Families of candidates must be registered members of St. Anthony of Padua Parish. A copy of both the candidates Baptismal and Communion certificates must be on file.
- Children must be registered for sacramental preparation sessions at St. Anthony of Padua, including those in Catholic parochial school or the parish Faith Formation program.
- Candidates must attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation. Proof of attendance will be required by students. See Confirmation folder for further information.
- Attend all monthly sacramental prep classes. See Confirmation folder for further information.
- Complete 15 hours of service annually. These hours should be logged in the service hour form provided in the Confirmation folder and submitted at each class.
- Mandatory overnight retreat for all students being confirmed (second year students only). Students unable to attend the retreat will need to find an alternative retreat.
- One page essay on the saint you have chosen as your confirmation name (second year students only). This essay must be submitted at least 30 days prior to Confirmation date.
- Sponsor form. Submitted 30 days prior to retreat (second year students only).
- Attend confession prior to receiving confirmation. One should receive the sacrament of Penance in order to be cleansed for the gift of the Holy Spirit (CCC 1310)
2023-2024 Schedule: All Classes are in the School Building from 10:45 until noon
Sunday, September 17th, at 10:45 AM Class for all families who do NOT attend Catholic School
Sunday, October 15th, at 10:45 AM First Sacramental Prep Class
Sunday, November 5th, from 3:30PM until 9PM, Confirmation Retreat, St. Tim's in Lutz (Confirmation Year 2 Students only)
Sunday, November 19th, at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, December 17th, at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, January 21st, at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, February 18th, at 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, March 17th at 10:45AM Class
Monday, April 22nd, 2024 at 6:45PM, Confirmation Mass Practice, in St. Anthony's Church (Confirmation Year 2 students only)
Tuesday, April 23rd, at 7:00 PM. Confirmation Mass, in St. Anthony's Church. Students need to be there no later than 6:45 PM. (Confirmation Year 2 students only).