Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation will be presented through Dynamic Catholic’s DECISION POINT. This is typically a two-year program with students enrolling in 7th grade and receiving the sacrament in 8thgrade. To enroll, students need to have already received the Sacrament of Baptism (Certificate of Baptism required) and be members of a Registered family in our Parish.
We hope this program will not only prepare young Catholics for the Sacrament of Confirmation in a dynamic way, but also teach and inspire them to respond and cooperate with God’s grace in all the circumstance of their daily lives, long after their Confirmation has passed. With topics like how to become a good decision maker, relationships, prayer, the Eucharist, and finding your mission, we hope DECISION POINT is a transformational experience for the whole family.
Requirements for Confirmation
- Families of candidates must be registered members of St. Anthony of Padua Parish. Students enrolled in St. Anthony School are eligible to participate in the sacramental preparation program but must submit a letter from their Pastor giving his permission for their student to receive the sacrament at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
- A copy of Baptismal certificate should be on record.
- Children are to be registered for sacramental preparation sessions at St. Anthony of Padua whether in a Catholic parochial school or parish Faith Formation program.
- Attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation. Bulletins signed by the priest of the Mass to be submitted at each class.
- Attend monthly sacramental prep classes. 80% attendance is required.
- Complete 15 hours of service annually. These hours should be logged in the service hour form and submitted at each class.
- Mandatory overnight retreat for all students being confirmed (second year). Students unable to attend the retreat will need to find an alternative retreat.
- One page essay on the saint you have chosen as your confirmation name (second year).
- Sponsor form. Submitted 30 days prior to retreat (second year).
- Attend confession prior to receiving confirmation. One should receive the sacrament of Penance in order to be cleansed for the gift of the Holy Spirit (CCC 1310)