First Communion Prep
This sacrament is celebrated in second grade at St. Anthony of Padua.
Requirements for First Holy Communion
- Families of candidates must be registered members of St. Anthony of Padua Parish.
- A copy of candidate's Baptismal certificate must be on record at St. Anthony of Padua.
- Children must be enrolled in sacramental preparation sessions at St. Anthony of Padua, whether they attend a Catholic parochial school or the parish Family Faith Formation program.
- Children are required to have at least two years of consecutive Faith Formation, whether in a Catholic parochial school or parish Faith Formation program with good attendance, prior to the celebration of the Sacraments.
- This is a two year program and children must have made their 1st Reconciliation and attended the 1st Reconciliation classes the previous year In order to be registered for this class.
- See Parish Forms at the right of the page to register your child for Sacramental Prep and order class materials (see registration form for links to class materials):
2023-2024 Schedule: All Classes are in the School Building from 10:45 AM until noon
Sunday, September 17th, 10:45 AM Class for families who do NOT attend Catholic School
Sunday, October 15th, 10:45 AM First Sacramental Prep Class
Sunday, November 19th, 10:45 AM
Sunday, December 17th, 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, January 21st, 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, February 18th, 10:45 AM Class
Sunday, March 17th, 10:45 AM Class
Saturday, April 13th, 9-10 AM Class in church by Father. 1st Communion students have opportunity for Confession after class completed (around 9:45).
Saturday, April 13th, 10:30 AM 1st Communion Rehearsal
Saturday, April 20th, 1 PM 1st Holy Communion Mass. Student to be there by 12:45.