First Communion Prep
This sacrament is celebrated in second grade at St. Anthony of Padua.
Requirements for First Holy Communion
- Families of candidates must be registered members of St. Anthony of Padua Parish. Students enrolled in St. Anthony School are eligible to participate in the sacramental preparation program but must submit a letter from their Pastor giving his permission for their student to receive the sacrament at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
- A copy of candidate's Baptismal certificate must be on record at St. Anthony of Padua.
- Children must be enrolled in sacramental preparation sessions at St. Anthony of Padua, whether they attend a Catholic parochial school or the parish Family Faith Formation program.
- Children are required to have at least two years of consecutive Faith Formation, whether in a Catholic parochial school or parish Faith Formation program with good attendance, prior to the celebration of the Sacraments.
- Children must have date of reception of First Reconciliation on record.
Mandatory First Holy Communion Parent/Child Retreat
One parent and the Child must attend (please bring your child's communion book completed prior to the Retreat). During the workshop we will review the Blessed book, review the study guide and have fun with games and take home activities.